We are looking for an Application Developer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Application Developer
Location: Hybrid – One day on-site
Job ID number: C1129
Brief description of duties:
The candidate develops and supports applications based on process analysis and engineering artifacts. The incumbent will be tasked with collaborating with analysts, clients, and other technical and functional stakeholders to understand the business challenge or opportunity and, translating these requirements in a business process management system (BPMS), to develop processes and integration connectors, and code business functionality.
- Writes programs within the Business Process Management System (BPMS) framework. Augments the BPMS by developing business logic custom connectors and integration points to other University systems.
- Ensures that the confidential data that is accessed by the applications developed, remain protected and secure from unauthorized access/entry attempts.
- Documents and maintains detailed specifications (e.g., architecture, solution design, function requirement/design, test cases, etc.) of applications fulfilling processes, interactions between processes, dependencies including any assumptions.
- Participates and/or leads process design workshops with cross unit functional and technical teams to clarify and document existing process flows for digitization. Elicit acceptable exception handling criteria and methodologies.
- Liaises with cross unit functional teams to identify metrics and data collection strategies to facilitate evidence-based recommendations and define KPIs that objectively demonstrate benefits realization. Translates into technical requirements for development.
- Develops reports of collected metrics for analysts to identify and prioritize candidates for process optimization/re-engineering. Develops reports and/or presentations for management and/or senior leadership
- As an expert technical resource, participates in process engineering workshops, elicit the optimal solution using established design methodologies including but not limited to: UX/UI, story boarding and design thinking.
- Leverages agile methodology to incrementally deliver agreed upon solution.
- Analysis, design, development and deployment of Java applications
- Proficient in MS Visio or similar and Microsoft 365 products – advanced Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Experience in project and resource management/application tools (Ex. MS Project, Jira, Basecamp, and Confluence)
- Experience with providing technical instruction, training, and code reviews
- Solid understanding and interpretation of cross functional maps and SIPOCs diagrams.
- Literate with model diagrams such as mind maps, affinity diagrams (e.g., fishbone), interrelationship diagrams, process decision diagrams.
Nice to haves:
- BPMN, DMN and CMMN modelling preferred
- Programming within a Spring/Spring Boot, maven environment
- Experience in the design, development, and deployment of business process automation/orchestration solutions
|Job Category||Application Developer|
|Analysis, design, development and deployment of Java applications||4+|