We’re looking for an API Developer! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: API Developer
Term: 6 months + extension
Location: Remote for now/ Toronto
Job ID number: C1210
• Lead the design, development, deployment, and rollout of components involved in API Platforms both in the cloud and on-premise. Experience in designing, developing, and implementing API framework is a must
• Lead the construction, maintenance, and continuous improvement of core infrastructure that underlies API development including a gateway/service-mesh, runtimes, security, logging, exception handling, etc. in partnership with the rest of ES.
• Lead the design and development of the CI/CD Pipeline for API lifecycle
• Lead the design and implementation of a company-wide Event Hub with Kafka
• Identifying defects in the platform modules, debugging issues being faced, and provide effective solutions to resolve the same
• Participate in designing, running, and interpreting performance and load-testing processes and implementing required optimizations
• Mentor team members to bring them up to speed on build and deployment best practices.
• Design and develop enterprise-wide archetypes and deployment templates to enable API teams to effectively build and deploy their solutions.
• Ensure projects are following best practices around continuous integration and delivery
• Partner with business, and API teams to design, develop and demonstrate the value of implementing API Platform components using cloud based solutions
• Work closely with the business and technology partners to ensure effective implementation of new technologies that support API Governance and standardization across the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area.
• Minimum of 5 years in Application and System Design, Development and Delivery, and Operations.
• 5+ years experience in implementing continuous integration and delivery solutions
• Previous experience with programming in Java is required
• Experience with specialized API architecture frameworks, security, patterns, model and delivery
• Exposure to using Authentication and Authorization solutions with REST APIs. Knowledge of standards like OAuth and OpenID is a must.
• Knowledge of REST API design standards, good working knowledge of API design specifications like Open API Spec, RAML.
• Strong engineering and delivery expertise in DevOps, Containers/Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka technologies
Nice to Have:
• Previous experience with programming in C#, Python, and/or Node.js are nice to have
• Previous experience with mainframe is an asset (IMS, DB2, Cobol, PL/1, JCL)
• Experience with scripting languages to automate operations tasks is nice to have
• Exposure to API gateway solutions, not limited to Software AG, IBM API Connect, Apigee, AWS API Gateway, Kong is desired.
• Good working knowledge of API development in AWS Serverless environment working with AWS Lambda and AWS API Gateway etc.
• Good working knowledge of deploying components on Kubernetes, using Kustomize, Helm Charts, and/or K8s operators.
• Good working knowledge for CI/CD solutions (like Jenkins, Ansible, CDD Continuous Delivery Director)
• Proficiency in building and deploying solutions with frameworks like Spring Boot, including secure coding practices, load-testing, and performance optimization
• Exposure to modern event-based architectures and patterns (event sourcing, choreography based SAGA Pattern)
• Exposure to building solutions using Apache Kafka, Confluent Platform is desired.
• Expertise and hands on experience working on Kafka technologies, Kafka Connect using Schema Registry, Kafka Broker, Zookeeper, KSQL, KStream, Kafka Control Center, Kafka Rest Proxy.
• Expertise and hands-on experience working on Kafka connectors such as MQ connectors, Elastic Search connectors, JDBC connectors, File stream connectors, JMS source connectors, Tasks, Workers, converters, Transforms.
• Expertise and hands-on experience on custom Kafka connectors using the Kafka core concepts and API
• Deep understanding of Financial Services organizations is preferred
What’s in it for you?
• Being part of our journey in developing the next greatest digital experience
• A ‘dress for the day’ dress code, where you dictate how you dress based on your day
|Job Category||Java Developer|
|Application and System Design, Development and Delivery and Operations||5+|
|Continuous integration and delivery solutions||5+|
|API architecture frameworks, security, patterns, model and delivery||Must have|