We’re looking for an Android Developer! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Android Developer
Location: Remote for now – Toronto, Mississauga, Etobicoke, Montreal, and London
Job ID number: C1290
Brief description of duties:
As an Android Developer, you are responsible for transforming the design and product vision into a seamless and engaging product. You are excited about the latest in mobile especially Android. You value simplicity, love clean code, design, and have a real passion for problem-solving. You also have a deep understanding and proven grasp of end-to-end programming, and you are eager to write code that delivers a great product.
- Write efficient code that is well documented, performance-oriented with reusability in mind.
- Working with the latest tech stack like Kotlin, Coroutines, Jetpack, Hilt
- Define best practices and coding standards across the entire team.
- Review code and provide feedback.
- Provide designers with feedback and suggest trade-offs when required.
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions.
- Understand the lower layers of the app like business logic and back-end integration.
- Help and mentor other members of the team.
- 5+ years of Android native development including 1+ years using Kotlin.
- Solid understanding of Kotlin and bridge communication with Java for third-party SDKs.
- Experience with asynchronous patterns like Kotlin Coroutines and familiarity with dependency injection.
- Solid understanding of all aspects of Android development lifecycle including planning, development, debugging, performance, security, deployment, and maintenance.
- Solid understanding of Android UX/UI patterns, Google guidelines, and best industry practices.
- Experience with design patterns and architecture like MVVM, Clean Code, and Separation of Concerns.
- Experience with Android Unit Testing, Lint check, and Test-Driven Development.
- Understanding of CI/CD process and tools like Bitbucket, CircleCi, and Fastlane.
- Understand RESTful APIs and how to integrate them with the mobile app.
- Understanding and flexibility in working in an Agile environment.
|Job Category||Android Developer|
|Android UX/UI patterns, Google guidelines and best industry practices||5+|