Posted 2 months ago
We are looking for a Senior Android Developer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contact
Title: Senior Android Developer
Term: 6-month contract – 37.5 hours
Location: Toronto Hybrid
Job ID number: C1104
Brief description of duties:
- Work within an agile team and follow scrum best practices.
- Provide advice and guidance to product owner that will inform product decisions.
- Stay current and competitive by keeping up to date with the latest Android platform capabilities and make relevant recommendations.
- Articulate technical solutions to a broad audience ranging from non-technical to technical architects through presentations and documents.
- Uphold the development team’s coding standards by conducting peer code reviews.
- Mentoring junior developers in the area of software engineering and Android best practices
- 3+ years developing native Android applications, 3+ years of Java experience, 1+ years of Kotlin experience.
- Thorough understanding of Object-Oriented Programming concepts, Android application architecture and software design patterns
- Experience with Android libraries and best practices when it comes to communicating with RESTful services.
- Automated testing via Junit and platform specific frameworks like Robolectric and Espresso
- Strong communication skills, ability to collaborate with stakeholders at different levels of abstraction (requirements, architecture, and code)
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies
- Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree from an accredited University/College
|Nice to haves:
|Job Category||Android Developer|
|Android Native Development||3+|